If you need to work while completing your degree, why not gain valuable experience at the same time? Whether you're interested in broadcasting or business, there are a variety of internships across New Jersey that can help get your foot in the door for future employment.
A survey of Atlantic City employers reveals that Trump Entertainment and Harrah's both offer real-world hospitality experience in hotel services, culinary, food & beverage, marketing, and more. And if entertainment holds your interest, then the NBA is another great option.
Located in Cherry Hill, Campbell's Soup offers a competitive program where interns can impact high-visibility products. Meanwhile, Johnson & Johnson has a variety of internship and co-op opportunities at the undergraduate and masters/MBA level.
If you want to work in the sciences, Medco Health Solutions in Franklin Lakes, Integra LifeSciences in Plainsboro, and the New Jersey Geological Survey Office in Trenton all offer student opportunities. Past positions have included personalized medicine, marine biology -- even finance.
Additional internship opportunities include:
- NJ Collegiate Press Association - access to journalism internships throughout New Jersey
- Hess - business, operations, engineering, and more in Woodbridge
- International Institute of NJ - mentorship, facilitation, legal, employment assistance, and more in Jersey City
- PricewaterhouseCoopers - client service professional internships in Bedminster
- Playwrights Theatre - theatre administrative and education in Madison
- State of New Jersey, Department of the Public Advocate - various public service internships throughout New Jersey
Visit Monster College for a more complete list of internships and jobs for students and recent graduates in New Jersey and around the U.S.
In addition, most schools have well-developed internship programs with connections at businesses throughout New Jersey. Use our quick and private forms to request more information from schools in New Jersey about their internship placement services.